Don’t try to purchase a B2C platform and repurpose it for your B2B customers if you don’t want to waste your time and money. B2B is different from B2C. Don’t trust a B2C provider that claims to be an overnight expert on the former. Keep in mind that a few customizations will not make a B2C platform perfectly work for B2B clients. You should start with a B2B platform directly. Here is a short list of features that a B2B provider should be able to demonstrate easily, without customizations.
- Search – A B2B platform personalizes the search for each user type and to the specific company that is ordering.
- Products – B2B products are complex. They require advanced quoting and configuration.
- Integrations – Most B2B projects fail or go over budget on integration. That’s why you should have a strong integration toolset.
- Performance – B2B handles larger SKU counts and order volumes than B2C.
- Developer Tools – The platform should have strong B2B features OTB. It should allow the developer community to extend and scale without over boarding the upgrade path.
- Globalization – Most B2B companies are global. They are available in multiple languages and currencies. They are also flexible enough to handle international shipping and tax issues.
- Multi-site – A B2B platform provides customer-branded microsites and ordering portal for their key accounts. On the other hand, B2C typically offers a single website.
- Customers – B2B companies have many different personas, client types and channels. There is no one-size-fits-all approach for all firms. You need to consider various factors when choosing the best B2B ecommerce solution for you.
- Payments – B2B provides options for PO, order approvals, and payment on credit. It also has the ability to check available credit. On the other hand, B2C is often credit card only.
- Check out – The B2B checkout process is more complex than that of B2C. It involves multiple order approvals, credit limits and payment complexity.
OroCommerce is the only true B2B ecommerce platform. It will help you drive business growth, reduce total cost of ownership, and improve your customer experience. Built with flexibility in mind, it can be customized and extended to fit any B2B ecommerce needs. Click here to check out its key features.