B2B ecommerce, or business-to-business electronic commerce, refers to the selling of products between businesses via online portals. It is used to improve the efficiency of companies. Seventy percent of all B2B businesses acquire their customers online. B2B ecommerce allows them to gain clients and book new orders without relying on existing customers or using extensive sales force. It serves as a critical sales channel for many firms.
To ensure B2b ecommerce success, you need to tailor your store to the needs of your buyers. You should promote your products and set up automated processes as well. Most of all, you have to have full control over who can view your store. Here are 5 useful tips to help you grow your business and strengthen your customer relationship.
- Know your customers and create a robust product catalog. Center everything around your audience and think about the employees in your target industry. Then, make it easier for them to research by creating a detailed catalog. Help them find the products that fit their needs and empower them to customize orders to suit their individual needs.
- Use highly descriptive listings. Show value and benefits through your product listing copy. Use descriptive language, high quality images and videos to show off your offerings and appeal to everyone in the chain of command. Use an excellent Product Information Management (PIM) solution to ensure accurate and complete data.
- Consider longer sales cycles. Do you have specific products and multiple people that play a role in your purchasing process? Then, your sales cycle can last from a few weeks to even more than a year. Manage all your contracts to keep track of your leads and to improve customer experience.
- Create omni-channel presence. Customers today are getting more tech-savvy. Make sure you provide the same experience across multiple channels for seamless shopping experience and deeper customer engagement.
- Provide personalized features. Personalization builds engaging and cost-effective user experience. It is important in meeting your customers’ individual needs. Include product recommendations, best seller lists and wish listing to help them save time and improve your buyer-seller relationship.
More and more people prefer to purchase online than in-store. If you are looking to make your B2B ecommerce business a success, these 5 useful tips can help you. Successful B2B ecommerce requires alignment of physical store locations, salespeople, warehouse, and marketplace storefronts to ensure holistic and efficient business operations. Click here to check out our B2B ecommerce solution.